http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Weather and other stuff

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Weather and other stuff

I know it is spring here in colorful Colorado. How do I know that? Well it is snowing this morning and yesterday it was 70 degrees. Gotta love springtime in the Rockies. I have no idea how much snow we are supposed to get, each weather person has a different amount, so who knows. And of course the last March blizzard we had was only supposed to be a few inches and that ended up being 2 feet of wet heavy snow. Figures it would snow this week Brit has his first baseball game on Thursday. Spring sports here are a crap shoot in March, lots of make up games. Of course the season is set up for that.

Nate is doing good. Made it through school okay, I think he is enjoying the attention a little bit. And the weather is actually good for him because he doesn't feel so left out not getting to have recess.

Clay is feeling better, stomach-wise. So hopefully the talk I gave him on CSAP helped. He still has a cold, and it being to dry here right now, if your nose is stuffed at night you wake up with a wicked sore throat. And I hate to say this about my own kid, but he is an annoying sick person. Very whiney, and complains terrible about everything. I feel sorry for his future wife. So when I ask him if her feels better he tells me everything, I mean everything that is wrong. And finally I have to stop him and say but are you feeling better? And he says oh yes but.... And then of course I have Brit who wouldn't tell me if he was sick unless he was puking blood. I would like them to average out, lol.

Hmmm I think this weather calls for noodle soup with homemade kimchee my friend brought me Monday. Yum...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]