Talking in Parenthesis
Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela
Monday, December 01, 2008
Your Theme Song is Beautiful Day by U2
"Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away"
You see the beauty in life, especially in ordinary everyday moments.
And if you're feeling down, even that seems a little beautiful too.
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Monday, November 03, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
40 Really Random Questions and Answers about Me...
1. Do you like bleu cheese? Yes, in fact it is on my sandwich for lunch.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? Yes, and clove cigarettes
3. Do you own a gun? No
4. What flavor Kool Ade was your favorite? pink lemonade
5. Do you get nervous before Dr.'s appointments? depends
6. What do you think of hot dogs? nothing better in the summer
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Hmmm, Scrooged
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Lemon Zinger Tea
9. Can you do push-ups? Not anymore
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? depends on my mood
11. Favorite hobby? ATCs
12. Do you have ADD? No
13. What's one trait you don't like about yourself? I am too hard on myself
14. Middle name? Allison
15.Name three thoughts at this exact moment. What the heck is the dog barking at? Why are they using leaf blowers? Why is the dog still barking?
16. Current hate? How mean people are to each other
17. What's your favorite place? The Rocky Mountains
18. How did you bring in the last New Year? I went to bed, had to be at work in the morning.
19. Where would you like to go? Costa Rica
20. Name three other people who will post this. ???
21. Do you own slippers? Someplace, but I usually wear those fluffy socks
22. What shirt are you wearing? Navy blue t-shirt
23. Do you like sleeping on satin? Not really
24. Can you whistle? Yes
25. Would you be a pirate? I don't think so
26. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever is stuck in my head at that moment
27. Favorite girl's name? Allison
28. Favorite boy's name? Brinton
29. What's in your pocket right now? Cell phone
30. Last thing that made you laugh? One of my bird's telling the dog to stop barking.
31. Best bed sheets as a child? Peter Rabbit
32. Worst injury? Knee
33. Do you love where you live? Yes, wouldn't live any other place
34. How many TVs in your house? 4
35. Who is your loudest friend? Renee
36. How many dogs? One and he is still barking!
37. Does someone have a crush on you? Yes
38. What is your favorite book? Oh lord, there is wsy too many to list
39. What is your favorite candy? Reeses
40. Favorite sports team? Denver Broncos and Colorado Rockies
Thursday, May 22, 2008
1. I've come to realize that my first kiss... Not as memorable as we were lead to believe it was going to be, in fact is was down right icky.
2. I am listening to...Trace Adkins.
3. I talk... a lot according to most people.
4. I love... my family
5. My best friend... is very sad right now.
6. My car is... absent
7. My life is... is there a word for busier than busy?
8. I hate it when people ask... are you okay?
9. Love is... everything.
10. Marriage is... work, worth it but work
11. Somewhere, someone is thinking... What? Who?
12. This weekend... I worked
13. I have a secret crush... nobody right now
14. I can't handle... the wind
15. My cell phone... has pictures of my birds on them
16. When I wake up in the morning... with too much to do
17. Before I go to bed I... watch the news
18. Right now I am thinking about... what is for lunch
19. Babies are... done for me,lol.
20. I get on Facebook... to keep in touch with a few friends
21. Today I... caught up on my email
22. Tonight I will... make cards
23. Tomorrow I will... go to the store
24. I really want to be... hmmm, I am pretty happy with what I am now
25. My heart is... full
26. My friends are... there
27. My family is...happy, loving and nuts
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Bands that really loved in high school and college.
1. Erasure! There is no way you can be in a bad mood when listening to this!
2. Depeche Mode especially when I was in a "deep" mood.
3. INXS Before Micheal killed himself. This was prime getting ready to go out music.