http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Where has the week gone?

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Where has the week gone?

I have no idea where my week has gone. I have computer troubles, the start of baseball season (before high school and middle school), cookies to bake for the annual welcome to GW IB fair and assorted other family related things. Suddenly I am tired. I have had lots of great idea for posts here, mostly while walking the dog. I have various conversations in my head while waiting for Buddy to get his smell in. But alack and alas I can't remember all the world changing posts I was going to write today. Sigh.

I started and have almost finished another book. I finally finished The Historian. I was a little disappointed in it. It came highly recommended by several people. And I do enjoy the basic style and the idea is Dracula real was a intriguing idea. But I really had to push myself to read it. There wasn't the burning I need to know what is going to happen next what this book was supposed to inspire. I have a couple of qualities that make a book great to me. One is if I can't put it down, two if it makes me think, a lot and three if I continue to wonder and almost miss the characters when I am done. There are other things but those are my main ones. This book did none of those things. I basically finished it because one, I rarely give up on a book and two, so when the person who gave to me asked for the gizillonth time if I was done, I could answer yes. So I finished it and dropped it in my pile to given away, a big tell for how much I liked it. I hardly ever give books away. I keep them and reread them over and over, like visiting an old friend. Now I am on to my next book, Cross Bones by Kathy Riechs. Part of her Temperance Brennan (I can't remember how to spell it, I think that is right) books. I love those books. I have less than 100 pages to go and even now the book is slyly calling to me. I can't wait to finish it on one hand, but I hate to finish it because I know it will be a while before I can visit with Tempe and Ryan, the let down of finishing a book I like. Luckily I have 2 other books I haven't read yet in the wings, a Linda Fairstein novel and the other novel by the lady that wrote Secret Life of Bees. Plus I need to get back into my stitching, I haven't picked it up in a long time.

Off to make my cookies, Snickerdoodles anyone?



1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

yummy i want one. :) oh (sigh) i hear you about the lost week.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]