http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Random Ramblings and Odd Thoughts

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Random Ramblings and Odd Thoughts

Just some stuff that will never really develop in to a full blown blog entry but it floating around my brain in any case.

--My birds favorite song is Don't Phunk With My Heart. I am not sure what that says about either one of us. And yes birds have favorite songs, he sings and dances to it.

-- I am so very tired of people feeling that the only way to make themselves feel better is insult and tear other people down. I refuse to be a part of that, it is so very high school, which is probably why I never fit in high school.

--I am also very tired of people insulting things I like. You have a conversation, people ask you what actor you like, movie, singer etc. When you add it to the conversation they feel the need to tell you how gross, weird or whatever your choice is. While I on the other hand never tell them I think Brad Pitt is a short twerp or Ben Affleck is hack. Okay I just did there, sorry. Can you tell I had a bad day at the bus stop? I am aware my tastes are different than most people, but I am not a freak. It isn't like I said I lust after Jack the Ripper or something, jeez. And frankly I didn't say I lusted after anybody.

-- As bad is it is for the environment, I could spend hours watching a plastic bag dance on the wind (and yes it was windy here again). It is sort of zen experience, like those sand garden thins for me.

-- There are few things as satisfying to me as an organized linen closet. Oh jeez what does that say about my life?

-- Emma announced today what she wants to be when she grows up, care to guess, you will never get it....a bunny. When I asked here what do bunnies do, she blinked and calmly replied, hop. I guess that is okay, I wanted to be a horse and I turned out, well nevermind.

-- Brit started baseball practice yesterday. I don't think I can handle this growing up thing.

-- Oh and on the growing up thing, I noticed Brit has one of those small teenage boy moustaches. Oh lord...

--I noticed walking to the bus today there was a bunch of new green grass. I am so ready for spring.

Well I think that is enough for now...



2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

me too. enjoyed the honesty. :)

6:40 PM  

Blogger Wendi said...

Ok, I also think Brad Pitt is nothing to write home about, but Ben Afleck, well he's ok I guess, besides he's a hometown boy (Boston). I cracked up on the "boy mustache" one, too funny, it brought back memories of when I realized Courtney had boobs!! I was like, oh my god, when did this happen?!
Great post!!
I am doing some much needed revamping of my blog, so the posts will be far and few, but I am still around :)

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]