http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Friday Ramblings

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday Ramblings

Wow, I still don't know where the week went. I blinked and it was gone. It was a pretty good week, no it was a good week. Brit made the JV baseball team as a freshman, pretty cool. He is playing it like it is no big deal but I know it is. The coach told him we would get some varsity time too. Clay also made the baseball team at his middle school. He is very happy, he never plays it cool, he lets you know how he feels. The happiest of all is Ron, the very proud Poppa.

My only worry right now is a friend, someone I work with . She is older than me, actually has a son my age, and a really neat lady. I very much enjoy talking to her while we work. Without going into details she has an interesting life and sometimes hard. But she has a great attitude. That changed on Saturday. We at work have long believed that her husband has treated her very poorly, abusive, verbally, physically, emotionally, etc. We have all let her know we are here for her, tried to boost her self worth, whatever we could do. Anyways, she called in sick Saturday and said she was leaving, that she called her father and he was sending a ticket to the store for her to go home. She said she would be in on Sunday to work and say good bye. We were sad to hear that she was leaving but happy she was getting out. Sunday her husband called and said she was sick. He has never called in sick for her before, and that set off all sorts of alarms for us. We tried calling back, doing anything to get a hold of her. We let her know that if we didn't hear from her we would call the police for a welfare check. Well then she called, said she was fine, and that was it. She was supposed to come to work on Wednesday but called in sick again, this time saying she was hung over. Now yes she drinks, but she has never used that to call off work and this lady is very old school, she has an amazing work ethic. So that again set off alarms. Nobody can get a hold of her and frankly we are afraid of her husband. He is one of those people that just makes you uncomfortable, he is creepy. I am very uncomfortable around him, all of us are. We have called the police but there is nothing that really can be done. I am just so worried and scared for her. So if you have a minute today please say a prayer or send positive thoughts or whatever you believe in for Vee.



4 Comments:

Blogger AmberJ said...

That is freaky! Please keep us up to date with what happens.

1:07 PM  

Blogger Wendi said...

Yes please let us know how things work out. I will keep her in my thoughts (as you know where I stand with the praying bit)

On another note-- How freakin great is the movie Rent??!! And the soundtrack also! I was going to dedicate an entire post to the movie but just havent had the time, so I will just tell you my thoughts about it.
1.Well my favorite scenes are: When Mimi blows the candle out and asks for a light.... love that song...
2.When Angel comes in on Christmas morning dressed in his/her Christmas outfit....
3.I love the Maureen Tango...
4.I love the part when they all go out to eat... La vie Boheme
5.Then when they are outside and sing... I should tell you
6.I think my favorite part is during the song... Without you

I cant help but cry during the part when Angel dies... then again when Mimi almost dies and she says she saw Angel and he said to get back and look into that boys eyes!!

Ok after typing that I realize it would have been easier to just say I LOVE the entire movie!! :)

1:24 PM  

Blogger Wendi said...

Hey I have a great blog name... Bohemia Mama!! Unfortunately I cant give up my Cinderella Mom, theres a sentimental tie to it.

1:28 PM  

Blogger Gwen said...

I'll say a prayer for your friend!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]