http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Reason number 756

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Reason number 756

Reason number 756 why I hated high school. Well maybe not hated but didn't really enjoy the whole experience. Cliques, exclusions of people just because. Just because they aren't "beautiful", don't party, because they blinked funny, whatever. So what brought this up? Today we had a new mom at the bus stop. She is more like me that oversexed young single mom on the hunt, the other mom. I said hello and started to include her in our conversation. But Mom on the hunt wouldn't allow that, she turned her her back and continued her story on how many men hit on her at the gym. No matter what I did, she countered by doing everything in her power to exclude the new Mom. I hate that. I hated that in high school and I hate it now. I just don't understand why some people feel the need to exclude others, to make other feel bad. I have relatives like that, one too toxic for me to be around anymore. Thankfully Mom on the hunt doesn't make it to the bus stop but a couple times a week, so maybe I can get to know the other mom.

Oh we got some good news yesterday on Nate's teeth. They are progressing great. So far so good, they are still alive, or at least not dying. He has to wear the splint for another 4 to 6 weeks, and then they will start to root canals and all the other procedures. Nate is still handling this far beyond his years. He still wants to go out and play and has so much excess energy that we could power Denver for years. But other than that, he is great. Hopefully he will be released to do some playing next week and then we have spring break, and I hope he can go outside then. For all of us!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]