http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Three Things Thursday

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Three Things Thursday

It is cold and snowy here this morning. Alli is sick (again), so the girls are wrapped in blankets watching Nick Jr. So that made me think of my favorite TV shows from when I was little, so that will be today's theme.

1. Land of the Lost. Remember when there actually kid's shows on Saturday morning? I loved this show, the giant fruits, the strawberries especially. My friends and I used to play this in the backyard too.

2. The Superfriends. Not the weird one now, but the original and with the Wonder Twin (Wonder Twins, activate!) They would have one big story with everybody and then a couple that focused on one superhero. It was always a good day when there was a Wonder Woman one!

3. I think it was called Emergency 51. It was about 2 paramedics and to a lesser degree the fire house they were in and the hospital that they went too. Randolph Mantooth was Johnny. I think that was my first TV crush. It is still on like TV Land every once in a while. We used to play that show in the backyard too.



1 Comments:

Blogger Wendi said...

I loved Adam12. I can remember watching it with my babysitter.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]