http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Coloring Nice and other Tuesday Things

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Coloring Nice and other Tuesday Things

Alli has decided what makes her a big girl and Emma not. Coloring nice. Of course nice is open to debate. Emma says she colors nice because she uses lots of colors and doesn't eat or break them. Alli rolled her eyes at that description. Sometimes the girls are too much like me.

The sun is out but it is still cold here today, only 21 degrees at 11:30 am. Guess baseball will be postponed yet again. Ugh. That will put Brit in a bad mood for another day. I don't know if I am going to survive the teen moodiness. I never know when a simple question is going to be met with ugliness, indifference or happiness. And girls are supposed to be worse? What the heck was I thinking?

I can't decide if Emma is trying to be sick or trying to punish me. I made the girls chicken noodle sop for lunch. She had about 2 bites and told me she was done. I asked her to please eat a few more bites. Well she did, then walked to me, gagged and then threw up all the soup and juice on the floor. (I love my carpet cleaner!) Then she said see, told you I was full up. She was fine and even ate a little more on her own. But now she is asleep, and she never falls asleep before we take Alli to the bus. Only time will tell I guess.

I hope my split peas soup finishes cooking for dinner. I got up, chopped and put everything in the crockpot. A few hours later I wondered why I didn’t smell it yet. Duh, I forgot to plug the dumb thing in, turned it on but that doesn't help if it isn't plugged in.

Also in the same vein, my laundry is now behind because I forgot to turn on the stupid dryer. I do that way too often. You would think that as many loads of laundry I do I would remember.

Crud, it is windy. Did I mention how much I hate the wind?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]