http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Monday Observations

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday Observations

It is snowing here today. Not the minor blizzard that was predicted but a good amount. Enough to make people drive stupid. Plus it is windy, and we all know how much I love the wind. Waiting for the bus should be fun.

My dog is strange. Buddy is a rescued beagle/basset mix. However I think he thinks he is part Huskie. He loves just sitting in the snow. Just right on the back porch. That would be okay except he has very short hair and gets cold and wet quickly. He will sit out there shivering if I don't make him come in. Weirdo.

My cats are also weird. They will no longer drink water from a bowl. They will only drink from my fountain. I guess they like the "fresh running" water. Weirdos.

Is there something on the Y chromosome that cancels out the ability to see things right in front of a person? This I went through this with 6 of the male members of the house. Ron, the boys and the dog. Arrggghhh!

Why do people only scrap off one small part of their windshield to drive in snow? That is one of my pet peeves. That and leaving tons of snow on your hood and roof so it either blows up into the windshield or when you stop it slides on to windshield.

There is something very satisfying about making footprints, the first footprints in deep snow. I also like walking in slush, not really wet slush but I guess slushy snow.

I love watching Alli color. She is so focused on the task, very serious. I will have to ask my mom if colored with the same intensity. She however isn't very interested in coloring coloring books. She draws her own pictures and then colors those. Right now it is a bunny with spots in a field with flowers. My dad is an artist so maybe she got his talent, because it sure skipped me. Stick figures are a challenge for me.

I haven't been stitching must lately and I have no idea why. To motivate myself I joined a bookmark swap group. I have to stitch and send a bookmark by April 15th. Maybe that will get the crafty bug going again

I am not sure why I watch Animal Cops, it is very depressing to see how some people treat their animals. If they will treat something that will unconditionally love them without talking back, what would they do to a child that talks back?

And one final example of my weird pets. My bird has favorite songs that it loves to dance to, right now it is anything by The Black Eyed Peas and B-52's. Interesting mix eh?



1 Comments:

Blogger Wendi said...

I love animal cops, even though I end up crying during every episode!

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]