http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Winter? Spring? Who knows...

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Winter? Spring? Who knows...

Welcome to springtme in the Rockies. We are currently under a winter storm watch. Which means we might get snow, we might not. But right now it is raining, hard. Wonder what I will wake up to tomorrow. Ugh I walk to work too..

Oh and my rant for the day. I hate people. Well maybe that it a little strong but jeez. I had a guy sneeze right in my face today when I was helping him. No excuse me, sorry or anything. GROSS. Then I on my way home I stopped at Fantastic Sams to get my hair cut. Which I don't like, but that is whole different rant, maybe tomorrow. There is a really nice guy who cuts hair that from Russia, gives seriously the best shampoo I have ever had. Anyways, this man came in and just talked terrible to him. He has a thick accent, but he is understandable and speaks and understands English perfect. This guy spoke to him like he was an idiot. I don't understand what makes people think that just because they are paying for a service they can treat people like dirt. Which brings me to the last example of my day. I stopped at Safeway to pick up salt of all things. When I went to check out their was a guy in front of me, I didn't pay attention to what he was buying but I guess t rang up wrong. This guy screamed at the poor checker, didn't even give her a chance to fix it before he started screaming. By the time I got there she as almost in tears, his attack was that bad. I got her to laugh, told her I hoped her day was better, that type of stuff. But jeez over a few bucks? All I can think of it what my Father in law says, God don't like ugly.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]