http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: The Cat is in the Cabinet

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Cat is in the Cabinet

Hmm intriguing title huh? Bet you think it is a metaphor for something deep and existential. Ah but alas, it isn't. I just looked over to the kitchen and one of my cabinet doors was banging open and shut. So it was either a reason to call TAPS or something else. I open the door and there was Nikko, sitting on the second shelf in the upper cabinet. Have no idea how he got there and from the look on his face he didn't either. But being the cat that he is he faked it, and maintained his cool facade. He jumped out of my arms and I think is laying in the sun like nothing happened. Cats crack me up. I do love it when he lays in the sun, he is an orange and white cat, and when the sun hits his coat it looks like spun gold.

I am dreading taking Alli to her bus stop today. Why you ask, well the wind is currently gusting to about 30 mph. Lovely. All the windows, doors and other parts of the house are rattling. Which also means at some point I will either lose power or cable (which means the internet as well). It also means that Em probably won't take her nap in her room today. Every five minutes or so she runs tome to ask what was that. Oh the reminds me of something. In the house I grew up in, whenever the wind would blow the back door would scream. Yes a loud scream, screech noise. Scared me to death when I was little but I came to love it. Now I miss it. I wonder if it scared the new people as bad as it did me?

Today is a good bean day too. I am going to make navy beans wit the leftover ham bone from Thanksgiving. Should be good. I love cooking this time of year. Not real big on cooking in the summer. We eat a lot of salads, regular and pasta. And of course Ron grills, a lot. But this time of year is all mine. Soups, stews, beans, chili and the crockpot. Yum

I hope the bus isn't late....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]