http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Sunday

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday

Just a quiet Sunday here, watching the Bronco game. Nate is happy they are winning and winning big. I had all sorts of witty and important things to write about, I was thinking of them when I was walking home from work today. But I got home and they are all gone. It was so nice to come home. I enjoy being home. I love coming through the door and having the girls yell to greet me, the dog all excited and wagging, the cats even pock their heads out. Of course I didn't hear a thing today, had the music up too loud. Walking to U2's I Will Follow Just makes me feel good. In fact walking with any music makes me feel better. I think I will make sure I have my CD player when I go to work. Such small things make my day.
thanksgiving has gotten smaller. It will be just us for the first time in about 10 years. At first I was a little bummed. I love cooking for everybody. I get all Martha about the whole thing, but not in a bad way, without that whole insider trading thing. But I think it will be nice having just us. It will be more relaxed without Ron's folks here. Not that I don't like them,I love them, but it is sometimes challenge to keep my mouth shut when Ron's mom says something that I don't agree. We have fairly different parenting styles. I guess I should enjoy a smaller Thanksgiving this year since it will probably the last time we have a small one until he kids start doing their own. My folks will start coming starting next year. And before too long the kids will be in school and start bringing home friend and the significant other. Oh my.
Hmm since Criminal Intent isn't on tonight other than reruns over on Bravo, I think I will put the finishing touches on the last bookmark. I have to put on the name and date and then I am done! And then I am going to dig through my cross stitch stuff and decided what to stitch next. Or I may just read.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]