http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: One Down

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

One Down

One thing done from my holiday list, about 2000 left. I just put the finishing touches on the bookmarks I made for the elementary school kids. They turned out pretty good. I hope they like them, I enjoyed making them. Although I will have to say, I didn't much care for the wonder under stuff I used to back them with. I suppose it gets easier the more you use it. I got sticky stuff all over My iron. Which means sometime tonight I have to try and clean it. Ugh. Any tips? Oh crud, Brit has JrROTC tomorrow so he will need to iron. Now I have 2001 times on my list.

The weather is typical Colorado today. I love listening to new people on days like this. It is a beautiful sunny day with a light breeze. If you just looked out the window you would think it is at least in the high 50's if not 60's. But nope, it is barely 40,and that is in the sun. The lady that waits at Alli's bus stop was complaining about it, she was out in her sweatshirt. I on the other hand had on my heavy coat. I remember in college all the kids from warm places being freaked out by this type of weather. They didn't realize that it could be cold while the sun was out, and assumed that it snows constantly here. Maybe that is because whenever we get a Monday Night Football Game the weather always seems bad, rain, sleet, snow, you name it.
I have to say I love the cold weather. I like when you step outside and the cold takes your breath away. Of course I don't spend long periods of time out in it, but you get the idea. To me the cold has a taste, not just a feeling. It has a smell too. There is a potpourri of the season. Leftover leaves, fireplaces, pine and the cold. The Cold has different smells too, depending on the weather. It smells different when it is sunny, than snowing. It smells different when it is foggy than clear. When I was little I called the smell crisp, the smell is sort of the feeling of a perfect crisp apple. Yes that is what it is, crisp.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]