http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Normal?

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Monday, November 28, 2005

Normal?

Today things are getting back to normal, well as normal as they ever get around here.

Thanksgiving was nice, peaceful. We ate later than usual because I didn't get up at o'dark thirty to start the food. So instead of eating at 2 or so we ate at 6 or so. I kind of liked that way. But I am sure we will go back to the other way once we have people over again. Ron talked to his mom too. They ended up not coming Saturday, big surprise. Now she wants us down there for Christmas. Not going to happen. I have to work all weekend, the birds still have to eat on Christmas. She wants us to drive back and forth. Sigh, big sigh. So I suppose if we don't go down there, she won't come up here either. Oh well. I can not stew about it, more to the point I am not going to stew about it.

Instead of that, I am listening Rent right now. I love Jesse Martin's voice. It makes me happy. He has such a joy in his voice. He needs to sing more. Not that I don't enjoy watching him on Law and Order.

I should be making a tart crust for Britty. He has to make a French dish for class tomorrow. So he picked a apple tart. Fairly easy. The crust just needs to chill, so I told him I would make that for him. The rest he will do himself, with me standing by. I also have to make Nate's birthday cake too. I almost forgot about that. Ack. Oh and the laundry. Anybody else hate matching and folding socks as much as I do?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]