http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: The Monday that isn't

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Monday, November 21, 2005

The Monday that isn't

Today by the calendar is Monday but it isn't a real Monday or at least it doesn't feel like a real Monday. Since it is Thanksgiving week the kids only have school today and tomorrow, then off the rest of the week. So I didn't have to have things as ready as I usually do. No gym uniforms to wash, only 2 uniform shirts for Clay, no JrROTC stuff, that sort of thing. Made yesterday day a little more relaxed when I came home yesterday.

Today is my official, in my brain at least, kick off to the holiday season. Today I check my recipes to make sure everything I bought for dinner on Thursday. I also get my Christmas card list started. The rest of the week is spend planning, writing cards (I have a few that need to go over seas so I have to mail then soon) and generally enjoy this time of the year. Wednesday I will bake my pies, do some chopping and assorted prep work. Of course I cook Thursday and we watch the parade. And this year pay a little more attention to the football game since the Broncos are playing.
Friday, some times I shop, usually not. Other than that we usually get some family movies and play games. I think Ron's folks are coming on Saturday but that isn't set in stone. If they do, I will probably do chili or something like that to eat since I have to work this weekend. And we are busy now, lots of boarding birds right now.

Was busy this morning and added a few things to the blog. I added a thought of the week. I thought about a thought of the day but I know that I couldn't keep up with that. So a week it is. I also added a guest map. If you get a chance add yourself.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]