http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Three Things Thursday

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Three Things Thursday

Yes a little early but this is a very special Thanksgiving edition. :-)

1. One of my most favorite Thanksgiving was in 5th grade. It snowed A LOT, closed school for the 2 days before, then my mom hurt her back and my Dad and I cooked dinner ourselves. Lots of fun, even more laughter.

2. The first thing I tossed of my Thanksgiving menu when I started having my own dinners was Waldorf salad. Ugh, that is simple the most vile stuff ever.

3. My most memorable Thanksgiving was 1997. I was pregnant with Nate, VERY pregnant. I cooked dinner (my choice) and the whole day Ron kept saying, just get through dinner, just get through dinner. I did, he was born the next day.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]