http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: The weather

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The weather

The weather turned cool overnight. I love it. I am so ready for colder weather. I want to wear my sweaters and sweatshirts. The weather here in Denver has been too warm for my tastes this fall. We have had a few cool days. And we already have had a pretty good snow. But nothing really since then. Rain. Maybe there is something to this global warming thing. I don't want to think about that right now, too deep for my mood right now. Pretty much all the leaves are gone now, especially after the gale force winds we had over the weekend. And that really puts me in mind for late fall- early winter weather. Which also means all my winter type foods and activities. I tend to get more stitching done in the winter. And big projects too. Of course that means I have to finish the bookmarks for the kids teachers before I do anything else. That is what I am making for the teacher gifts for Christmas this year. That and probably a plate of cookies. I also do more reading this time of year. Which is good because I have a stack to read. I have Mermaid Chair, Kathy Reichs new one and Patricia Cornwells new one waiting. And I just started on The Historian. It was a little slow going at first, the first couple of chapters but now I am having a hard time putting it down. I also usually read a book out loud to the kids this time of year too. I think we might start over on Harry Potter from book one. Or Little House on the Prairie, since it is mostly the girls that listen now. I have read Farmer Boy to the boys and they loved it. I love those books so much.
I wish I have planned dinners a little better for today. I would have loved to toss something in the crockpot or make beans or soup today but I don't have anything like that today. Although I was think soup and sandwiches tonight. I usually try and make Monday and Wednesday easy since Ron has class til late. Once the weather turns I use the crockpot about 4 times a week. I need to check the long range forecasts and plan some menus. Of course that means going to the store. Actually it isn't the shopping that bothers me it is the putting away that I hate.
So now my task for today, after my chores are done of course ;-) . Is decide if am going to be a good girl and finish the bookmark for Alli's teacher or read my book. Maybe I will do both.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]