http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Monday, Monday

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Monday, November 07, 2005

Monday, Monday

Ugh, that is the way I feel today, ugh. The weekend went okay, work was fine. I think I have found my sea legs, so to speak. Don't have to ask so many questions and look so dumb all the time. And I did get my first pay check. That was a bonus and it was more than I thought it was going to be, a big bonus. Of course not as much as my mom wishes. When I told her about my job, she did her usual. I am proud of you but... How I love that. I don't even think she realizes how negative she is. She honestly thinks she is being supportive with those remarks. I guess I can take comfort in she is equal opportunity, lol. But is still makes me feel that no matter what I do I will never be good enough. And I think that feeling has colored everything in my life. But enough of that, I don't feel like having a pity party today.

This is my favorite time of year. I love Thanksgiving. Most people, when asked, say their favorite holiday is Christmas. And yes I love Christmas. But for me Thanksgiving is my favorite. I love preparing a HUGE meal with all the trimmings for my family. It gives me so much pleasure to cook for them. Of course it helps that I love to cook. So this is about the time I start to prepare my menu. So far I have Turkey, Ham, stuffing, from scratch mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (lightly candied), from scratch cranberry sauce, gravy, greens, buttered corn, rolls, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, berry pie. I also will do a veggie plate and crackers and cheese. I just can't explain how happy this makes me. I love this time of year.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]