http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: The Noise

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Noise

Okay I admit it, there are more than a few things in this world that really bother me or that I hate. But today I think I have figured out number one. Well at least for today. Leaf blowers. I hate leaf blowers. The landscape people around here are in love with them. They have been leaf blowing for 2 days now. Not only are they loud and annoying but they are stinky. The fumes are terrible. Plus the crunched leaves blow around and dust gets in the air, and then in my eyes and lungs. That is a pleasant feeling, I look forward to it every year. What happened to good old raking? Anybody remember those? Seems they have gone the way of the dinosaur. I was watching the leaf blower guys and I think it actually takes longer for the all the leaves to be picked up with the leaf blowers than with rakes. First they blow all the leaves in a pile, then the they rake up the pile and then pick them up. Seems to me that just raking would be easier. But then I guess there would be no toys to play with. And that is probably the bottom line.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]