http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Random ponderings

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Random ponderings

I am sitting here watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I love that movie, I have seen it countless times and still laugh. The truck part, oh my god it is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. It is one of my Dad's favorite movies too.

The parade was something today. The day started off cool, but I didn't think too bad. We dropped off Brit and walked around downtown for a little bit. Went in to Barnes and Noble and when we went to leave it was pouring. Ugh. Of course one of the few times I don't have rain gear and such. We wait awhile and walkover to part of the parade route that I know will be sheltered. The it turns to snow, double ugh. Thankfully this is Colorado, so the weather is fickle. About 15 minutes later the sun comes out and we move on the our final viewing spot. Next being Colorado the wind starts, huge small dog warning winds. I felt bad for the kids, especially Brit, he is part of the color guard and had to carry a flag in that wind. And being downtown parts were like wind tunnels. But even with all that they looked great. And Brit looked so grown up. I am not sure when it happened. He went from looking like a boy with a hint of man, to half man, half boy. I am almost afraid to look away, because the next time I look back he will be looking like a man with a hint of boy. I don't think I can handle that. I will admit, I got all teary when he went by, I couldn't help it. He is my first, my first baby. I also lost another today to the lure of the military. Nate was enraptured with the uniforms, the stories told to him by the vets. And I am so very proud of the them. Brit especially since he understands what it means to be in the military. He totally believes in service to his country. But at the same time that I am proud to bursting, I am terrified. I am fairly certain this whole little "thing" won't be done when he is old enough to matter. But I am trying not to borrow trouble, I will deal with that when it comes. In the mean time I will just enjoy this, because he is growing up faster and faster.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]