http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: ACK

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Friday, November 11, 2005

ACK

Today I am officially the mother of 2 teenagers. Good Grief when did this happen? Clay is 13 today so 2 are teenagers. I don't think I am ready for this. It isn't that I am worried out the whole teen rebellion, okay it isn't hat that is my primary concern. I guess it is a 2 fold thing. The whole time marching on thing and them growing up. I will still see them as my little ones. Clay will always be Claybaby to me and Brit will be Tigger. Them growing up is exciting, everything they are doing, learning, experiencing is exciting. Yet at the same time terrifying. (I think I need to call my Mom and say sorry yet again) I can't believe Clay is 13. I honestly don't feel mentally much different from high school or college. I can still remember parts so vividly. Especially ones that involve my embarrassment, and there were a lot of those. Yet I am forced to realize that it has been almost 20 years since I graduated high school. When did that happen? Was I asleep? There were so many things I was going to do and so many that I wasn't. Mostly of the things that I was going to do and didn't do have been careerwise. And really that is just rearranged things when I realized how much I wanted to be a full time mom. And I will do those things, it is just the kids come first. The things that I wasn't going to do basically involve me becoming my Mother. There were so many things she said and did when I was growing that I promised myself I would never do to my kids. Nothing bad mind you, just little things that bothered me. One being when ever I would say to her I was hungry she would answer, pleased to meet you, I'm Margi. Oh how I hated everytime she said that. But about 5 years ago Brit said that to me and before I know what was happening, Pleased to meet you, I am Megan feel out of my mouth. And he , of course, Gave me much the same look as I gave my Mother. My mother also used to have songs for all occasions and would often burst out in song at the drop of the hat. Guess who does that now. And guess who that drives nuts? The only comfort I have is that all of them swear that they will never do these things to their kids. I just do another thing my Mother used to do to me, and smile that maddening I know something you don't smile.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]