http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Music

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Music

Turned on my yahoo music thingy this morning. I think more than anything else in my life music has the power to change my mood. Transport me as it were. I have on the 80's Alternative channel, and there are many songs on their that just make me smile, just make me happy. I think in essence I have a soundtrack to my life. There are certain songs that I hear, no matter what I am doing that make me happy, take me back to something great in my past. And there a certain songs that will knock me to my knees. With either sadness, anger, or both. Of course the worse it the ones that make me go into myself. Get lost in my own head, that s not only hard on me sometimes,but hard on the people around me. I can be having a great day, hear the right (or wrong) song and I turn on dime. To me there really is no such thing as just a song. I now that smell is supposed to be the most powerful sense. The one that makes you remember everything. Well maybe for some people, but not me. For me it is sound, mostly music. There are very few songs that don't have an association to an event in my life. The good, the bad and the ugly. Songs are tied to people, places and events. Some songs have more than one tie and that depends on my mood, I guess, to which comes out. I used to in college make tons of mixed tapes, ones for different moods. I really should figure out how to do that now. I think I need a new toy, mp3 player...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]