http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Long time no blog

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Long time no blog

Boy so much for me updating everyday. I should have known better. Life tends to get in the way, well at least my life. There is always somebody to call, an email to respond to, and stuff to do with the kids.

Well the school year is in full swing, a routine has started. Which will only be disrupted as soon as my daughter' s real bus starts instead of the temporary bus stop that she is using now. Which is a whole other story. Everything seems to be going well with all the kids. Everything is smooth for now, so far I haven't felt the need to storm the gates. That however may change next week, when I have the yearly IEP meeting for one of the boys. It will be my first in this district and I have no idea what to expect. If I am going to have to fight for everything like before or if I am going t get actually cooperation. I am hoping for the later but planning for the former. It is usually is the former. Usually a fight for everything.

Today is also hubby and I' s 15th anniversary. How that seems like such a long time. And a long time compared to many of our friends. They are either on their 2nd or 3rd marriages or just getting started. Sort of makes us feel older than our peers, the old married couple among youngsters. By no means is our marriage perfect but it is good, strong and to quote Dr Phil, a soft place to land. And I am not at all sorry or feel like I am missing the swinging life. I did the sowing of the wild oats during college. I am looking forward to being young enough to enjoy my grandchildren, to travel as an adult with my husband and have a career after the kids are gone. Yes somedays I want to hide from everything and everybody. And somedays I would like to go shopping and sit n a coffee shop for hours. But when my youngest looks up at me and says I love you Mommy. And then tells me that she wants to be a Mommy like me when she grows up. And then sitting in coffee shop or going shopping in little doodad shops mean nothing. There is plenty of time for those things. And frankly they aren't that important to me anyways. I would rather stitch after everybody has gone to bed. That is my zen thing.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]