http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Imagination

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Imagination

I had an imaginary friend when I was little. His name was Husband Henry. The story is I created him because of little book I had and playing house. I don't know if I am so sure about that story, I think it is what my mom thinks is cutest. I was thinking about him the other day. I think I created him because I needed a stable male figure in my life. See my dad was drinking pretty heavy then (he is sober now, 20+ years) and home life was not always the happiest. He was the one I talked to when I was scared r confused, Husband Henry was always there. In fact I was trying to think when he left and I realized I don't think he has. I think he has just changed, grown up if you will. See I have a running conversation in my head most of the times, not really to any one named person and not to myself, and I think it is the grown up version of my imaginary friend. And I don't know whether that is good or bad. I supposed it is an excellent coping mechanism, a way to get out my feelings. But on the other hand it is sad because it makes me realize that I don't have anyone to tell my deepest dark secrets to. Everytime that I sort of open up to a friend lately they seem to run screaming the other way. The latest one really brought me to my knees. I thought I had finally found a friend to be there, the whole thick and thin thing. But nope once things got a little uncomfortable for her, meaning I had problems, that was it. So I guess that's why Husband Henry sticks around, he always listens.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]