http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Back to Normal

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back to Normal

Kids back in school, life returned. I love my kids, but 2 weeks is enough. I miss having my alone time with the girls. And I miss having my house the way I want it. I am not overly anal about housekeeping, ask my Mother. She will tell you, plenty. But there are somethings that drive me crazy. The blankets, I can't stand them not folded, and there is something in my boys' (and that includes Ron) Y chromosome that prevents them from folding, it is more of a wadding thing. Anyhow...
Had some fun yesterday, took Brit clothes shopping. I was surprised that he openly allowed his mom to be so involved. Although the fact I didn't not follow him into the dressing room to check the fit of the jeans, I am sure is a big plus. It was nice to be out with him, talking and really listening. I can honestly say that I not only love my kids but I genuinely like them. The only blip was work. I stopped in to get my check and check on somethings and now I fear I am being drawn into some drama. We are a small shop, less than 10 of us working there. One of the girls is a high schooler, and not dependable. When I was a manager, if she had pulled the stuff she does I would have fired her a long time ago. Anyhow, she is basically spreading stories, some about my work habits. I confronted the manager who had told the owner I was lazy and she was shocked, she never said it, and I could tell she was really upset. So the manager has spoken to the owner and she may be out of a job come Saturday. And I am not terribly worried but I don't want anything to come back on me. I did not spread any untruths about her, I only was concerned with the things that she was saying about the manager calling me lazy. Ugh. This is so high school and I hate it. Hopefully things will be okay. We will have to work a little harder but since she only shows up when she wants and late at that, I doubt if her absence will make much of an impact. Drama, I could so do without it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]