http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: COOKIES!!!!

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

COOKIES!!!!

Okay I am either in cookie heaven or hell, I haven't decided which. I made a double batch of fudge, the marshmallow cream kind, that is still cooling. Normally it would cool quicker, but we are having strange weather again. it is 55 right now and supposed to be 60 tomorrow. So much for a white Christmas. But ah, such is Colorado. Back to the cookies. So far I have baked 4 batches of chocolate chip and almost done with the 2nd batch of oatmeal scotchies. I am so sick of cookie dough, ugh. I think I will wait and do the sugar cookies on Saturday after work, that way there will be some for Santa.

The cutest part of the cookie baking is Alli. I let her have a bowl, flour water and bits of over stuff (baking soda, etc). My mom let me do the same thing. She has been happily mixing and pretending all afternoon. Maybe I will rethink the Easy Bake oven thing. I was going to get her one for her next birthday. Basically because my Mom would never get me one, the basis of a lot of toy purchases I think. My Mom never got me one, because instead she let me mess around in the kitchen. First pretend and then for real. I was baking "real" cakes when I was in first grade or so. Man I hate it when Mom was right, lol.

Another batch is calling me. There is nothing better than cookies fresh from the oven, when the chips are all melty. Yummmm.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]