http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: The Eve of Christmas Eve

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Friday, December 23, 2005

The Eve of Christmas Eve

My kids have been doing the eve of the eve of stuff for about a week. Think they are excited? Ron should be home in an hour or so, he only works a half day today. Who orders paint 2 days before Christmas anyways? As soon as he changes we will go out and finish our shopping and probably do some lunch too. I am looking forward to doing grown up type things. I love my kids but right now they are driving me nuts. They are bouncing, literally, off the walls.

The next issue is dealing with Ron's mom. I know she wants us down there for Christmas, but it just isn't going to work. And I know she is going to punish us for it. Nothing major, just the usual passive aggressive stuff and the guilt trips. The don't you love me stuff. I dread dealing with that.

Enough of the negative. I am going to go get ready to go out. I am going enjoy myself. I do wish it was gently snowing out, bummer. Instead it is 60 degrees. That is why in Colorado you never buy a sled for Christmas. If you do, you get sunny and 60 degrees. Same with a bike, if you buy a bike you get sub-zero and snow. Gotta love Colorado weather.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]