http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: The countdown has begun

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Monday, December 19, 2005

The countdown has begun

Went shopping for the stocking stuffers today. I love that. Frankly the stockings are one of my favorite things. I love getting small just perfect things for everybody. Even got the dog and cats something. All I have to get I think is candy canes and a Sudoko book for Brit. He loves those puzzles and I thought he would like it. It is a little sad this year, examples of them growing up keep hitting me in the face. Only 2 stuffed animals this year. Everybody else is too big. (I did find some kitties that look just like Spikey.) Sigh.

Going to make the gingerbread houses tomorrow. Then cookies I think the next day, maybe break that up in 2 days. I want to make Toll House cookies, oatmeal butterscotchie things, and sugar cookies. I also need to make a black forest type cake for Ron's potluck on Friday. Plus the rest of the shopping. I think I will wrap Friday too. I love wrapping. I actually find it relaxing. I know I am strange. A lot to do, but not in a bad way.

Hmm I am thinking pizza for dinner. Hey one less thing.



1 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Pizza for dinner sounds wonderful!!!!! MMMM!!!!! It sounds like fun at your house! I love the idea of a non-traditional Christmas dinner. I may have to suggest that around here!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]