http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Windy Wednesday

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Windy Wednesday

Yes it is windy again. Seems like that is all we have had this winter, wind no snow. I want my snow dang it.

I had every intention of sitting down and writing a witty , introspective piece today but I just don't have it in me. Don't know why. Maybe because I woke up with a headache. Nothing starts a day off on the wrong foot like a good morning headache. Maybe I am not in an introspective mood, who knows. I have had a pretty good day so far. The weather is beautiful (if you ignore the wind) and I love watching the girls play before the bus. They jump, spin and laugh. Oh that laugh, I love that laugh. Unguarded and with their whole being. Emma does everything with her whole being. From wearing her princess dress (old Halloween stuff) to jumping off the bed (cannonball!!!) to watching Finding Nemo. When does that change? When do we start guarding ourselves? Half laughing? Half living? I see it in the kids. Not as much as adults or some kids, but some. We laugh a lot here. Belly holding, snorting, tears rolling down your face laughing. Hopefully that won't change, I want them to feel safe here, safe to be silly, safe to cry, safe to rage, safe to live. That is what home should be, safe.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]