http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Little Things

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Little Things

I am such a dork. The littlest and strangest things make me so very happy. While walking home from work today I watched a bag float and dance on the wind. I am pretty sure I was grinning like an idiot. Hmm what are some of the other things that have made me happy today? Finding School House Rock on Napster (I think it was Napster). Loved School Rock, that was waaay back went Saturday mornings meant cartoons. Super Friends, Fat Albert and Bugs Bunny. Hey anybody remember Land of the Lost. I loved that show, we used to play it in the back yard. Oh and Isis, loved that show. What else happy- wise, oh Law and Order is new tonight, loving that. And on that same note their is a Vincent movie on this week. Hmmm, what else? Oh I know reading a virgin Sunday paper. I am anal about very few things, but the order to which I read the paper, especially the Sunday is one of them and I hate reading a paper that has already been read. Thankfully I have an understanding hubby. Oh and the biggest thing that is making me happy right now, all of my kiddos are laughing... Pretty good day....



1 Comments:

Blogger Wendi said...

I fell asleep half way through Law & Order!! And I was so looking forward to a new episode!!!! At least when it replays, which more than likely will be soon, I wont be complaining that I already saw that one!! I am soooo addicted to Law & Order, especially CI and SVU!! Nothing beats a CI marathon LOL!!

I am the same way with the newspaper. We only get the Sunday paper, since it takes us all week to read it. We wouldnt know what to do if we had to read the daily paper. I make my husband go out on Sunday morning to get the paper, and when he walks back in I immediately take it from him so I can be the first to read it. Sometimes I will give him the sports section since I know that will occupy him long enough for me to get through the front page and local section. I then make a neat pile of what I have read and he can pick and chose from that LOL

Thanks for the comment on my blog...its nice to know someone would go to the movies with me :) even Brokeback Mountain LOL

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]