http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Three Things Thursday

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Three Things Thursday

I was going to try and do a whole theme thing today but I can't think of a theme that I like so I guess I am going to go random, because I am feeling a bit random today anyways. (that sentence would have made my college comp teacher nuts)

1. I really like going to the supermarket, food shopping. I love going to new stores and wander around, looking at the different stuff. It is the putting away of stuff I hate.

2. When I was growing up I didn't like my name. People always said it the wrong way, mine is Meegan, long e. It is Welsh version. Anyways, I always wanted my name to be Jean, so when ever we would play a make-believe type game that was always my name.

3. I no longer can sleep unless I have socks on, even in the summer. Don't know why, but it just is.



2 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Oh I love the way your name is pronounced. I had assumed the other version but I love this version!

4:15 PM  

Blogger Wendi said...

I also love the name!! Its funny, growing up, most people spelled my name WendY, but its WendI, so I became known as "Wendi with an I" all through high school.

I love grocery shopping (well any shopping). I am a sucker for new items. Honestly, do my kids really need those Zoopals plates, napkins, bowls, utensils, and cups?!! They dont even use the utensils, they claim they are hard to eat with!

ARGH!! I cant sleep with socks ON!!! Even in the dead of winter, if we had no heat, and the windows were open, I would have to take my socks off!! I might go to bed with them on, but before I can fall asleep I have to take them off.

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]