http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Three Things Thursday

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Three Things Thursday

In honor of the unofficial start of summer this weekend I thought I would use that as my theme. I was watching the girls play in the park on the way to Franklin's fifth grade graduation thing and it made me think of all the things I loved about summer when I was little, so here are 3...

1. Making clover necklaces. In my backyard we had 3 big patches of clover and I used to spend hours and hours on my stomach looking for four leaf clovers and making jewelry out of the blossoms.

2. We used to have a membership to the local rec center pool when I was growing up, so we went swimming everyday. After we came home my Mom always made a huge bowl of popcorn and I would eat it sitting upside down in my dad's chair watching cartoons. Usually Scooby Doo.

3. Going to the library and doing the summer reading program. Each summer our library would have a different theme for the summer reading program, sometime space, dragons and knights, nature etc. One year the we got to photocopy our face, sign it and hang it up on the wall. Very cool stuff when you are in 2nd grade.



3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I LOVE THE SUMMER!

10:36 AM  

Blogger Gwen said...

Oh summer reading program! I remember that! I need to see if our library is doing that!

Happy Summer!

2:37 PM  

Blogger Sheila said...

Yeah! You just reminded me that I want to do that with my kids this summer. Thanks!!!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]