http://www.one.org Talking in Parenthesis: Random Ramblings

Talking in Parenthesis

Ramblings and angst from a mostly stay at home mom

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us. It is in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Random Ramblings

Ugh they have started doing the landscaping stuff around our complex so you know what that means. Leaf blowers. I hate those stupid things. They are loud, smelly and I think create more of a mess than they clean up.

Alli graduates from kindergarten Friday. I can't believe she will be in school full time next year. Seems like yesterday that she was a baby and about a minute ago she was just learning to walk. Sigh. She gets a present from Ron and I, just a little thing and she said she wants either a hula hoop or a jump rope. That makes me so happy, I love that my kids still want old fashioned toys.

I am not sure what it says about me but I am so happy that Ms Spider is back on Nick Jr. I really like that show. The whole thing makes me smile.

I was thinking last night after Brit asked if he could buy an album off of napster, what is going to happen to the liner notes? I loved getting a record (yes a real record) or tape or late CD opening it up and reading the words. Remember singing along with the songs? If we start only downloading music where will the liner notes go?

I was just helping Em put on her shoes and I realized I have never taught any of the kids how to tie their shoes, yet they all know how. (except Em). I remember buying Brit a neat book with a practice shoe when he was in 1st grade and that really was the last time I thought about it. Does that make me a bad mom? I am going to have to ask the other how they learned to tie their shoes.

Well this next week or so is going to be packed with end of the year stuff so if I am not around that is why.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]